Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Has Patriot Hacker The Jester (th3j35t3r) Been Doxed?


The content on a website maintained by anit-jihadi hacker The Jester (th3j35t3r) has been deleted and the hacktivist's Twitter account has been mysteriously taken down, and the events have sent the Twittersphere into a frenzy of conjecture.
The story begins in earnest when a Twitter account was established on May 10th identified as "cubespherical" and using the handle "Smedley Manning".
The owner of the account began a dialogue with The Jester and alluded to having knowledge of the hacktivist's identity, claiming to have encountered him a decade ago and apparently having had a physical altercation at a bar near FT. Benning, tweeting:
"@th3j35t3r 10 words for you. Dallas Cowboys. Scruffy Murphys GA, Shiner, Ft Benning, 2003. You. - Want to talk to me yet? Why so quiet?"
"Manning" claims The Jester is a former member of the Army Ranger's 75th Regiment.
Subsequent tweets from "Smedley Manning" purport to show a picture of a truck "Manning" claims to belong to The Jester that was said to have been pulled from an old Facebook profile, and screen shots of private messages exchanged between the two were also posted.
The private messages apparently contained a name "Manning" claims is that of The Jester's, but that part of the image in the screenshot was redacted, though it appears to be twenty-four characters in length.
"Manning" then began soliciting Bitcoin donations in support of WikiLeaks, tweeting "I will donate a percentage equating to more than half to  - think of it as compensation for when he attacked them", and announced he will posting information on The Jester, stating "I can assure you I will disclose what I have on him."
Meanwhile, The Jester had been uncharacteristically quiet in the face of the blatant trolling by "Manning".
Update/Correction: (Hat tip to @SanguinariousThe Pastebin post with quotes ostensibly from The Jester appear to be taken from a Jester tweet from May 12th:
Saladin – Full Disclosure…. Leonidis not so much.

von th3j35t3r
‘The worst enemy a person can aquire, is the enemy he once considered a friend.’ – Me – 2012
additionally….. and in complete back to back contradiction as we all  know… I never double dip my quotes.
‘The enemy of my enemy is my friend’ – Unknown.
So the usual suspects… the boys at reapersec (lowercase intentional) are co-ordinating and finding themselves allies. Its funny because  I was informed of an organized attempt to discredit me that would require a prescribed reaction from me over 18 hours ago. (Scot  and crew).
I will be speaking up once again right here in reference to the direct challenge issued. Make no mistake  it’s not their first attempt. But when I tell you who they are, and you check out their MO and the sad troll-festers that RT then, you might begin to understand.
For now, I was hoping for a day of peace…. ya know – so that is what I am pursuing.
Upcoming and right here on this URL, they forced my hand, so let me tell you all about #saladin.
To be continued…….. within 24 hours…. meantime, I am gonna have that downtime I talked about.
Peace.
J
Attempts by Infosec Island editors to reach The Jester directly for comment have been unsuccessful. We are monitoring the events and will provide further details when they become available.

No comments: